THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Lake Powell Trip September 2008

Megan posing for the camera, oh to be 10 again







I had to take this picture of the girls holding hands in the front of the boat. They had just finished bickering and fighting over towels when we started to go and I looked up and saw this. Jim was driving over bumps, going fast, swerving, and they were holding hands for comfort. I know that they will forever be friends and this just melted my heart. They are so good to each other and such sweet hearts.
We went to Lake Powell again for a quick weekend trip and it was a blast. We knew we would not be back again this year so we headed up for the weekend. As you can see, we did a lot of tubing. We had to yell and the kids over and over again to come in because it was time to go back to the house boat. They would not get in the boat. We had to threaten to leave them!

We did have a rope mishap when Megan and I were about to tube and I learned real quick, that I would never last on Survivor. Now, let me just say that I knew before that I couldn't last due to the dirtiness that I would have to endure and the lack of food, but now I know that I would for sure not make it through any water challenges.

The ski rope got wrapped around the propeller and we had to get it undone. We were not sure what to do, and Jim was ready to get pulled in, when I suggested we find a razor blade (in a tool box) and we could cut it. Well, Jim went under the boat one time and I knew he was not going to get it done. He is claustrophobic anyway and under the water, not so good. So, I, who never put my head under the water or swim unless I am teaching, jumped in, grabbed the razor blade, took a deep breath and swam under the boat to start cutting. I learned that I could hold by breath for a long time, but it was very difficult to stay under and I would float to the top. The scariest part was being out of breath and trying to get out from under the boat quick enough to catch some air. It took a lot of attempts under the water, a lost razor blade (on a break it was washed off the back step of the boat), some slices of my fingers and hands but we did it! It was a great accomplishment for me and I hope to never have to do it again. Jim commented that I was a wimp and never go out of my box, but when things need to get done, I step up and get them done. It has to be a desperate situation though. He was pretty impressed with me I must say.

The best part was that when I lost the razor blade, we weren't sure what to do...but, Valerie had put in my stocking a little device with knives, pliers, a flashlight, etc. that is all decorated in pink rhinestones. I haven't had to use it, ever, in 2 years and I remembered it was in my purse. I pulled it out and used the jagged knife feature and it saved the day. It was a great stocking stuffer. I knew someday it would come in handy.

No comments: