THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Colorado with the Kids- July 2008




In July I headed up to Durango, Colorado with Jamers and Luke to pick up Megan and Gracey who had been visiting their Grammy for a week. Not only was I thankful that they were gone for the week to give me a break, but Gracey got the chicken pox while up there and Megan had pink eye (or a stye). I was so grateful to Valerie for being a trooper and taking such good care of my girls. They went to the melodrama and did many other activities each day such as hiking, playing spoons, playing PR (progressive rummy) and watching movies.

When we all got there we relaxed, read books and went to the cemetery one day to visit Gma Ethel and Gpa Earl's graves. My older two girls knew Earl and loved him dearly. They never got the chance to meet Ethel as she passed away while Jim was on his mission. The head stones have pictures of Ethel and Earl on them and the most amazing thing happened while we were visiting the graves. Luke walked right up to Gma Ethels picture, waved and said, "oh, there's Grandma". Valerie and I looked at each other and I asked him who that was as he said back that it was grandma. I asked him where grandpa was and he said he didn't know, but there was grandma, pointing to the picture. It made up both tear up and it was another testament of heaven and the veil to us. When we were leaving he walked up to her picture and said, "bye Grandma" and waved goodbye to her face. It was so sweet.

It made Valerie and I remember when Megan was 2 and hanging out with Grammy, looking through a photo book. She pointed to Ethel's picture and said, "oh, she was always so nice to me." Again another example of heaven and who is waiting for us up there.

The last picture is of Megan dressing and I had to take a snap shot of it. Does she remind you of anyone? My dad used to do a skit imitating Johnnie Carson when he would read the cards touching them to his head. I had to laugh and catch the image.

No comments: