THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day of School 2008

Megan 5th Grade

Gracey 3rd Grade
School started in August and I sent two off to school this year again. Megan is now in 5th grade and loving it! She gets to rotate classes and her teacher is her student teacher from her 2nd grade year, Miss Priser. She was so excited to start school since she didn't want it to even be summer last year. She is an avid reader and crazy for learning. I keep catching her up at night reading by the light of her closet. I told her the other day that I was going to take all the light bulbs out of her room if she didn't quit it. She giggled. She also was excited about 5th grade because she got to start stings. She is learning the violin in school and every 5 days gets to go to the strings class. She also signed up for choir and is enjoying singing and learning. I am helping her with the violin as I can play it. She gets frustrated very easily. I played plucked on the string her assignment today and she said, "but Mom, you're a professional!" I told her that I was not that good but I started out just like her and couldn't get upset with it or it would be harder. She is very hard on herself if she can't get things done efficiently.

Another example of this was her contact appointment. We decided to get her contacts for when she fights and practices Karate so she can see better. They would not let her leave the eye store without putting them in herself and taking them out. She was crying in frustration but would not stop. Even when I told her over and over again we would come back another day. I finally had to take her hands away from her face, get the contact out she did get in and make her leave. Needless to say, Jim took her 2 days later to try again. I was not doing that again. I did not have that much patience. She is super diligent. She is so sweet. She was worried we'd never get them in and I would have spent all that money on the exam and the contacts (since I had to buy them upfront to order the kind we wanted for her) and I would have wasted money. What a sweet and thoughtful joy she is to us.

Gracey started 3rd grade and was not as excited about school! She could be on summer vacation year round if it was up to her. It would give her more time to play school and be the teacher. Her Papa asked her today if she would rather come to his office and work for him instead of going to school and her eyes lit up and she yelled YES! She is doing well in class though and studies hard after school to get things done so she can play.

She discovered soccer this year at recess and wears tennis shoes every day to play. She is now signed up for the city soccer league and it will start soon. I can't wait to see how she will do. She is on a team with her best friend so she should have so much fun.

Gracey continues to be such a joy in our household. She is so helpful and such a care giver to all. She is so compassionate and loving if someone is hurt. She always looks for a solution to a problem and figures other things out. We are blessed to have her care free spirit in our lives. Everyone who meets her, knows how special she is.

No comments: