THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Disney Cruise






We were fortunate enough to go on a week long Disney cruise out of L.A. to Mexico with Jim's family in June. It was the best vacation EVER! Having never been on a cruise, I was worried about being motion sick, the cramped spaces and Jim getting bored on a ship. I was so wrong! I was in heaven! Not only did I have a head waiter who cut up the kids food and let me order anything I wanted off the menu, but the drink waiter delivered diet cokes with lemon one right after another! Plus, there was a room steward who organized clothes, cleaned the rooms and bathrooms, turned down beds, made beds and even folded my kids blankets for them. I was in shock. I figured he had a little bell that would ding the minute we left the rooms because no matter how long we were gone for, he always freshened things up in the room. I must say that the first week back to reality and cooking and cleaning for me was very tough. I got so spoiled and we are already planning our next Disney Cruise.

The service was impeccable, the food phenomenal and the ship was so clean and run well. It was amazing. Jim's parents go on cruises a lot and they said this was the best one for service and the best food by far!

We were each given $100.00 to spend what we wanted it on my Jim's parents and I got a massage along with Jim. The kids got beach towels, stuffed animals, their hair braided and cover ups. We also had them help pay for tipping our fabulous room steward and explained how great he was and how we needed to thanks him with our money so he would know how much we (me) appreciated it.

Each day and night on the cruise had a theme night and you can see that the Pirates of the Caribbean night was our favorite. We had such a great time dressing up and dancing in to the late night. We even got to see fireworks shoot off the shop!

We stopped in Cabo San Lucas and Megan Jim and I went on a canopy tour with zip lines, rock climbing and repelling. Megan was unbelievably brave and quite the trooper. She is so athletic and loved every minute of it! She even rock climbed the big rock and Jim had to use the ladder. Ha! We flea market shopped in Mazatlan and rented a van that held all four brothers, wives and kids and toured the city. In Puerto Vallarta we swam with the dolphins. It was amazing and so fun! What an experience! I will post our dolphin swim when I get the pictures from my sister in law.

We loved every minute of it.

No comments: