THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Easter


Easter was fun as always! The Easter Bunny hid the baskets very well this year! The kids and Jim had a very hard time finding where they could possibly be.

We have church at 11 and I was in charge of the Easter Program, so we got ready and arrived early enough to get great seats. I chose seats in the third row from the podium since I had to be up in the choir seats throughout the program. Megan and Gracey were singing in a primary group I worked with to sing with the choir so I wanted them close. I practiced with my choir at 10:30. Ran around setting up microphones and getting folders passed out and finally sat down in the pew, waiting for Jim to arrive with Luke. I was frustrated since I was nervous and had a lot to do, plus get in my seat before the meeting started. Right before sacrament started, I said to my friend, "where the heck is my husband? He only had to get Luke and himself here". She turned around and looked back and said, "he's sitting in the back". Lo and behlold, there is Jim with Luke on his lap, just calmly sitting. I sent Jameson to collect him and move his body up to sit with us.

I took my seat and the program went extremely well. It was such a special program with narration and special musical numbers. We had a beautiful meeting and the spirit was so strong. I sang a solo called, "Whole Again" that I sang last year and was asked to sing it again. It is my favorite song and was able to record it for my Dad's Christmas present this year. The choir was unbelievable! It amazes me how we always practice and how much I plead for people to come and join us, and the day we perform, the choir stands are full to capacity and they sound so wonderful. I love my calling and according to the Bishop, I am never being released. His wife is the ward music coordinator and they love music so we have programs quite often. We put on a Young Women program this year and a Christmas program. I am so thankful to have a Bishop who loves music and knows that the spirit testifies so strongly through it.

After our meetings, we headed to Reb's for a fabulous dinner. We had great food (as always) and an easter egg hunt for the kids. Then the older "boys" threw footballs and plastic eggs in the front yard (with the kids trying to catch them, but with no success) until we headed home. What a great day we all had.

No comments: