THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Christmas In Colorado

Our family had such a great Christmas! Jim's parents let us use their cabin in Colorado to have the holiday with the Brinton Clan. We all arrived on the Friday night before Christmas Day and enjoyed our relaxing vacation immensely. I am happy to say that it was the first time EVER that my mom relaxed! She and my dad (as well as most of us) took naps every day, watched a lot of football, read books, sat and visited and did not much more. That is why we love Colorado so much. You can go up there and for a week and never leave the property.

We had Jim's uncle that lives there get us a tree and we were able to decorate it with all of Valeries fun Gingerbread themed decorations. Reb and Jared did all the shopping before we arrived so there was no reason to leave the house. We sat in the hot tub, the kids sledded and the snowmobiles were used!

The house was full of helpers, big and little and it showed me how great a family I really have. Everyone helps each other our so much with our children and all are always taken care of. This Christmas will forever be remembered!

































The kids played in the snow, watched the snow fall and even made a snow fort. Jim and Luke cleared the driveway for hours. We thought Luke was freezing and tried getting him off Jim's lap a couple of times. He wanted none of it and screamed to stay on the tractor. Little boys and big boys are just alike. Mom, Dad, Kurt, Jim, Rachie, and Tyson went on a Rhino ride up the mountain. They had a blast and my dad got a little crazy and daring! Needless to say, my mom was very nervous with him fishtailing everywhere!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Finall!!!!! The long awaited second post. Yeah! I loved reading it...it brought me right back.

Aaron and Kalle said...

I always check your blog, glad to see you had such a wonderful time at Christmas. I can't remember the last time my family had spent it together.